Terms & Conditions
Completion of an entry form means you accept the terms & conditions:
1. The participant is fully responsible for their actions whilst participating in any WildDog events. This includes the event centre and during the event itself. The organisers do not accept responsibility for the actions of any participant, nor the consequences of such actions.
2. Each participant, upon signing the registration form or purchasing a ticket, agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of taking part in the event(s) they have chosen. If during the event, they decide to change their route and/or distance, then all consequences of this action are theirs.
3. The Event Registration Form or purchase of an entry to an event must be completed by a person aged 18 years or over. Evidence of age may be requested. Participants under the age of 18 years will be allowed to participate in the event with the consent of their parent or legal guardian who must sign the Event Registration Form or purchase a ticket on behalf of the underage participant. Signing or purchasing a ticket is also an acceptance for the actions and consequences of the underage participant. Under 18 year old’s need to be accompanied at all times by an adult who is responsible for them and their actions.
4. Where an event requires the participant to wear protective clothing such as a helmet, it is mandatory that the safety equipment is worn and complies with the latest EN, ANSI, SNELL or UK standards. Any participant not wearing the correct protective clothing will be disqualified from the event and could be liable for damages if involved in an accident on that basis. The participant must accept this as a condition of entry. WildDog Events or other subcontractors to WildDog Events reserve the right to refuse entry to the event to anyone with inappropriate equipment or clothing.
5. By entering an event or signing a consent form the participant confirms that all of their equipment is of a suitable standard to take part in the event.
6. During some events, there will be warning / directional signs at appropriate points along the course. The absence of these signs does not signal there are no dangers approaching. It is the individual’s responsibility to make a decision regarding whether to complete a section of the route or not. The marking of the route does not necessarily indicate that the course is suitable and the participant must make their own decision about whether to proceed or not.
7. Registering for an event indicates your consent for WildDog Events to contact you with pre-event information and about relevant products or services. You can opt out of this at the point of registration.
8. Participants must follow the designated route and deviate. If they choose to do so, they do so entirely at their own risk and at the risk of being disqualified from the event.
9. When using public roads all participants must obey the Highway Code rules local bylaws and laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road and off-road users. You are requested to stay in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 (two) abreast at any time.
10. WildDog Events and the organisers reserve the right to shorten or alter the published route(s) at any time. Participants do not have the right to claim a refund if the route is shortened or altered.
11. Each participant will be fully responsible for any fees or costs incurred or arising from an accident either involving or caused by their actions. This includes, but is not exclusive to, fees from Police, Air Ambulance, Fire and Rescue and the Ambulance service. If the situation arises that you are not capable of making the decision to call the emergency services, the participant agrees that a member of WildDog Events, or the organisers of the event or a member of the public may call for them. In this situation, the participant still accepts the costs and consequences of such actions.
12. Each participant hereby grants to WildDogEvents an exclusive, absolute and irrevocable worldwide assignment in perpetuity to the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant obtained at the event and grants to WildDog Events the right to use and publish such content in any and all media. The participant hereby releases WildDog Events from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of WildDog Events. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a WildDog Event.
13. In the event that a participant fails to complete the course for any reason, he or she agrees to return to or call the event centre before the close of the event and report to a member of staff. Not doing so will mean that a search may be organised and the subsequent costs will be billed to the participant.
14. Participants are expected to respect the roads, villages and countryside that the events travel through. It should be remembered that this is both a working landscape and home to many communities, participants stopping for a comfort break are asked to do so discretely and appropriately and not to cause any offence to local residents or other participants.
15. WildDog Events reserves the right to cancel any event, due to extreme weather conditions of Force Majeure. In such an event, each participants entry with be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. No refunds will be issued.
16. Participation in the event is at the individuals own risk. WildDog Events and the organisers strongly recommend each participant organises their own personal insurance cover.
17. Participants are expected not to drop or leave any litter on any part of the course and to dispose of it responsibly at an appropriate place or bin. Any participant found littering will be disqualified from the event.
18. Event entry fees cannot be refunded, transferred or deferred under any circumstances.